Quilt a long!

11:28 PM

I'm hosting my first quilt a long!
I'm so excited, I've been wanting to do it for a while. It's for a local group of mainly beginners, we've been talking about it a lot and I decided to give it a go and help them out. The whole process is exciting, and it's good to have a group to hold your hand as you get through it the first time.
I remember my first quilt, it was a simple zigzag chevron.
I remember browsing quilts on pinterest and coming across a quilt, I clicked and got to a (very old) quilt a long. It seemed easy enough, charm squares, half square triangle, easy, right? And it was! That was the beginning of a hobby.
I bought a whole bunch of charm packs in the beginning because I was mostly afraid of cutting. I don't have a lot of patience (or, didn't have, I guess patience comes with motherhood) and didn't always cut exactly by the measurment given. I was kind of like, eh meh, it'll all come together.
Wrong! I needed to be exact (like baking!) otherwise it would all come out wonky looking. Pre-cuts made it so much easier in the beginning. Since then I've graduated onto yards and fat quarters and cutting all different shapes and sizes, but I still have a warm spot in my heart for those charm squares.
Half square triangles are amazing. You can do SO much with them! Seriously. It's like a puzzle, just put it all together in the end so it looks nice and to your liking and you're good to go.

So, the Quilt-a-long. Today I'll be cutting my fabric, I have some colorful stuff from Bonnie & Camille, April Showers. I might get to sewing the squares as well, we'll see how much time I have in between Abigails naps.
I would love to share the instructions here as well, but that might be further down the road, after I translate it as well.

In the meantime, here are some of my favorite half square triangle quilts.
Have a wonderful weekend!



1. Crafty Blossom  2. Diary of a Quilter  3. Happy Together  4. Owen's Olivia  5. V and Co.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images